Permanent – Full Time
MTrec Commercial’s award winning, multinational, and established manufacturing client are now seeking to employ an experienced Buyer. The company, who are ideally located In the County Durham area, are one of the North East’s best premier employers. If you have previous experience within Buying and Purchasing in the Manufacturing sector and are seeking your next career move- Apply now to find out more.
- Procurement of raw materials and services.
- Management of MRP requirements.
- Securing RFQ’s.
- Negotiation of purchasing terms.
- Vendor selection.
- Support customers, handle queries and resolve enquiries.
- Investigate and resolve invoice queries.
- Expedite any items that are required for production working with all departments to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Application of Purchase Price Variance (PPV) reporting for indirect purchases.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analysing and summarising information and trends.
- Provide cover for the Indirect Buyer as and when required.
- Experience of a supply chain environment.
- Demonstrable experience within a procurement role.
- Working knowledge and experience of MRP systems.
- Demonstrable experience in a high-volume purchasing role.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build positive working relationships.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to influence and inspire others.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and IT applications.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience of working with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to interpret, analyse and report on data.
- Pro-active problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise work and manage several tasks concurrently.
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve targets.
- Flexible approach to work
· A chance to work withing a leading manufacturing company with strong North East roots and a multinational client base.
· A Competitive Salary
· A clear path for advancement and development within the business
· Immediate starts available.
· Office based.
· Working as part of a successful and professional team