Tyne and Wear
Permanent – Full Time
Our client is a successful, dynamic, and expanding company based in South Tyneside. They are currently looking for Pre-Employment Tutor to join their team. If you are looking for a new opportunity, please apply for an immediate response.
- To ensure all learners maximise their potential and achieve their learning targets.
- Be responsible for the student learning outcomes including student progress, achievement, and success rates.
- To teach and assess learning on a range of programmes to meet the requirements of the Educational Inspection Framework.
- Undertake duties in line with the Quality Management System (QMS), including Internal Verification/IQA and Moderation.
- To track learner progress through standardised Company systems.
- To ensure that learners receive a full induction, and it is recorded.
- To plan, develop and maintain schemes of work and lesson plans and course materials.
- To liaise with relevant departments to meet the support needs of students, including additional learning support and Maths and English.
- Contribute effectively to the development and success, in accordance with company objectives, policies and procedures. Working within and implementing the Quality Assurance System.
- To meet the Awarding Organisation requirements for Assessment
- To ensure timely completion of all the appropriate training records for learners.
- To ensure all learners achieve their planned programme within their allocated time through effective programme management.
- Be responsible for the health and safety of students, ensuring that clear instructions are given in order to provide a safe learning environment.
- Take part in CPD and industrial updating as requested and to meet contractual requirements.
- Any other duties as may be requested by your line manager.
- Experience of delivering training within a manufacturing or similar environment would be preferred.
- Level 2 in English and Mathematics
- Equivalent Level 3 Teaching/Training or appropriate Vocational Qualifications.
- Level 3 TAQA/A1 holder
- Relevant vocational experience
- Competence and experience of working in a relevant vocational area
- Demonstrating experience of designing and delivering innovative and creative training including training material
- Ability to deliver Information, Advice and Guidance
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of teaching and training techniques
- Ability to plan, organise and manage lessons.
- Knowledge of industrial/commercial processes and procedures
- Awareness of risks and hazards associated with classroom management and familiarity with risk assessment.
- Knowledge of IT systems
- Ability to motivate people of all ages & backgrounds.
- Self-management abilities
- Ability to engage positively with people of all ages & backgrounds.
- A flexible pro-active approach to work
Willingness to undertake further learning and development