£26,000 - £28,000
Permanent – Full Time
Human Resource Administrator
Construction and Property
Our client is a true North East success story within the regional industrial and construction sectors.
The company is a privately-owned business with a proud heritage of delivering high value projects throughout the North East and the UK. The company operates from a well-resourced Head Office facility located in the heart lands of Tyne Valley, with significant investment in new business systems, projects and technology, with a highly skilled workforce aiming to provide their customers with the best service available on the market. The company is now entering a new and exciting phase of development.
They are now looking to recruit a HR Officer to support the business. You will work closely with the HR Director and provide a full generalist role as well as working on and implementing a number of new and innovative HR projects for the business.
You will be joining a great North East people focused organisation with a strong history, a fantastic leadership team who have a clear forward-thinking vision, and the role offers a secure positive future.
- Provide a full generalist HR service to the business.
- Point of contact for HR-related queries.
- Overview T&A clocking system
- Assist in administration of absence management throughout the group
- Monitoring sickness/holidays etc.
- Monitoring absence/lateness
- Manage the Companies Appraisal system and follow up where needed
- To administer performance appraisal /reviews and ensure any development plans are implemented
- Carry out Return to work interviews and implement any necessary measures
- Arranging Occupational Health referrals and follow up meetings.
- Assist with Capability/Incapacity hearings and outcomes
- Monitor & review Health surveillance outcomes
- Preparing & Conducting New Starter Inductions as required
- Conducting Exit Interviews as required
- To produce, maintain and communicate the HR strategies for the business.
- Preparing the relevant documents to variations in Terms and Conditions of Employment.
- Updating Job descriptions
- Support and assist in Human Resource initiatives, activities and projects.
- To maintain an up-to-date confidential filing system for all personnel information.
- Support the company communications plan.
- Support the administration of the processing of the weekly/monthly payroll system on a weekly basis.
- Assist with Pension re-enrolment obligations.
- Ensure the relevant HR database is up to date, accurate and complies with legislation
- Support the business is a variety of CSR projects.
- Perform a range of investigations and follow ups regarding discipline and grievances.
- Assist & conduct employment reviews/disciplinaries/grievance processes
- Assist in the planning, delivery and evaluation of training in-house and external.
- Liaise with managers in drawing up plans for future employment needs
- Assist & conduct the recruitment process throughout the company
- Review and update company policies and procedures in line with legislation
- Update the company HR Portal
- Support the business with audits and other compliance duties.
- Previous HR Officer/Advisor experience is essential.
- Previous experience of working within an industrial or construction industry environment would be advantageous.
- CIPD qualified.
- IT Literate.
- Looking for a secure long-term career move with opportunities for future growth and progression.
- Able to provide a logical and systematic approach to problems, issues and areas to develop within the business.
- Working for a highly successful North East business, with a strong and proud heritage in the region.
- A business with a superb senior team and great plans for the future success of the company.
- Working with an experienced, friendly and supportive HR Director.
- You will be provided with a varied and highly interesting role.
- A company that provides a great team-based culture.
- An opportunity to really grow and develop with the business.