Houghton le Spring
£30,000-£35,000 per annum
Permanent – Full Time
Our client is a leading North East based manufacturing company. Due to planned growth, they are now looking to recruit a Production Planner.
- You will plan and organise production, materials, equipment and information according to demand and relevant quality standards ensuring sales orders are fulfilled and distributed on time and within budget.
- Optimise material and production workflow and identify areas that will benefit from changes and improvements to enhance productivity, reduce costs, improve competitiveness and business profitability.
- Support the development of manufacturing systems and processes to enable delivery of existing and new products in accordance with appropriate quality, safety and environmental standards, systems and processes.
- Evaluate sales purchase orders to create and optimise machine setup, production and delivery schedules.
- Coordinate materials and manufacturing information in accordance with equipment and production resource availability.
- Support the Production Manager in the daily planning meeting.
- Plan stock and inventory in accordance with production and customer demands.
- Determine manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to deliver customer demand and stocking strategy.
- Monitor the execution of production plans and resolve any potential issues in a timely manner.
- Undertake regular review and amendment of production schedules to ensure that deadlines are achievable and met.
- Measure and evaluate the utilisation and effectiveness of all manufacturing processes.
- Must have previous Planning experience within a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Sound working knowledge and use of MS Excel and its capabilities
- Demonstrable experience of a planning and scheduling in a manufacturing or similar environment.
- Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles.
- Proven understanding and use of MRP / ERP information management systems.
- Experienced in Lean manufacturing with an ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements.
- Experience of operating and influencing at an operational level with Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and technical understanding of manufacturing processes, components and techniques.
- Strong in mathematics and statistics with excellent communication abilities.
- You will be working for a well-established growing employer.
- An excellent salary.
- A company experiencing continued growth, expansion and investment.
- The company are fully compliant with the latest health and safety requirements for current safe working practices.