Tyne and Wear
Our client is an expanding privately owned technology provider, with a reputation for providing an excellent service and after sales support to its multi-sector national customer base.
You will be joining a friendly team-based family culture, which places a real emphasis on the delivery of a quality service and working in true partnership with its customers.
Their North East head office is experiencing a sustained period of growth and expansion, with the immediate requirement to recruit an experienced legal professional with litigation experience. You will be undertaking a range of legal advisory duties including reviewing, monitoring, and advising on legislation affecting the business. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing themselves and a small team of staff.
- Undertaking legal advisory duties, including reviewing, monitoring and advising on legislation affecting the business
- Assisting in implementing strategies and processes to maintain best practices, including assistance in the preparations for IR35 changes taking effect in April 2020
- Reviewing contingency and on-boarding planning
- Taking the lead on pre-conciliation and claims made against the organisation
- Assisting in any civil matters or complaints where necessary
- Reviewing current processes and suggesting and implementing changes to improve them
- Liaising and reporting to Management with regards to clients and accounts
- Applications are welcome from Solicitors, Barristers, Chartered Legal Executives and Lawyers, with relevant experience working either in house, in private practice or in the public sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous Legal Secretary experience would be highly suitable.
- Outstanding client service approach and client communication skills
- Excellent analytical and logical reasoning skills
- Paralegal and litigation experience are essential.
- Understanding of up to date legal legislation
- Strong ICT skills and ability to use Microsoft software
- Knowledge of substantive law and legal procedure
- Impeccable organisation and time management skills
- The ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary teamSound understanding of GDPR