IT Support Technician
Tyne and Wear
£20,000 - £25,000
IT Support Technician
IT Development/Support Services
Our client is an expanding privately owned technology provider, with a reputation for providing an excellent service and after sales support to its multi-sector national customer base.
You will be joining a friendly team-based family culture, which places a real emphasis on the delivery of a quality service and working in true partnership with its customers.
Their North East head office is experiencing a sustained period of growth and expansion, with the immediate requirement to recruit an experienced IT Support Technician/Engineer. You will possess a strong hardware/software background, and any experience with CCTV systems and/or Telecoms would be advantageous. You will provide a full support service to all users of the business, as well as providing support to site installations. There will be a requirement to travel to different customer sites on a national basis – all travel and accommodation expenses will be covered.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain jovial relationships with clients
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Site installation experience.
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant fieldAdditional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco, or similar technologies is a plus