Human Resource Officer
Manufacturing and Engineering
Our client is an established and successful high-volume manufacturing company based in Newton Aycliffe. They are currently looking for an HR Advisor to join their team. If you are interested and meet the person specification of the job role, please apply as soon as possible.
- Responsible for providing Employment Law related advice to managers and first line supervisors as well as generalist HR support within a busy environment.
- The main duties will involve absence management control throughout the company and disciplinary / grievance handling as well as undertaking projects that support the yearly objectives.
- Conduct weekly meeting with product group representatives to review all direct, indirect, skilled and staff absentees
- Identify and carryout actions to facilitate speedy return to work, actions may include maintaining regular contact with absentee, absence review meetings, home visits, referrals to occupational health, gaining employee consent, requesting comprehensive medical report from GP, and facilitating return to work rehabilitation programmes and monitor until return to normal duties.
- Provide supervisors/managers with appropriate advice and guidance in relation to disciplinary action relating to absence management.
- Control work place adjustments, those on alternative duties and rehabilitation programmes in line with the Equality Act.
- Carry out exit interviews and develop meaningful labour turnover analysis and reporting which measures problems and recommend counter measures.
- Management of the Occupational Health Diary, arrange appointments, provide referral information and take appropriate action in relation to feedback from OH.
- Conduct regular absence audits to monitor compliance with absence control procedures, provide results and recommendations for improvement. Analyse trends and provide meaningful counter measures.
- Control and approve requests for leave in line with Family Friendly Policies and issue appropriate documentation.
- Investigate requests for flexible working patterns and consider implications for terms and conditions.
- Undertake project work and other reasonable duties or activities as required. (such as recruitment support, profit share administration etc)
- Level 5 CIPD Qualified
- Strong HR Advisor experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent knowledge of UK Employment Law and best practice requirements
- Previous experience with absence management dealing with short term, long term and capability matters
- Good understanding of employment law and employee rights
- Able to build relationships at all levels and influence managers.
- Ensure consistency in the application of all HR policies.
- Problem Solving
- Communication Skills
- Planning & Organising
- Analytical thought process