Manufacturing and Engineering
Temporary – Full Time
The Rewards and Benefits on offer:
- Immediate Starts available.
- A highly competitive basic salary
- Monday to Friday office hours
- You will have the opportunity to work with an industry leading business.
- Opportunities for a permanent contract!
MTrec’s New Opportunity:
MTrec are proudly representing our global and industry leading manufacturing client, based in Northumberland who are looking to recruit an experienced purchasing assistant as soon as possible. This role presents an opportunity to work for an internationally renowned company with a strong regional presence who work with a range of blue-chip customers. You will be working in a highly interesting and fast paced purchasing environment, working on a variety of projects and support areas. If you are looking for a highly interesting and rewarding career move, we would highly recommend this new opportunity and for you to apply as soon as possible.
The Job you will do:
- Supporting the Purchasing department with their daily, weekly, and monthly requisitions.
- Processing and progressing orders.
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure all orders are correct within 24 hours of the order being placed, checking carriage charges, dispatch date and cost prices to match.
- Updating the purchasing database
- Ensuring on time delivery of products
- General administration duties
- Monitor inventory levels and safety stock using numerous reports.
- Liaising with the finance department to resolve invoice queries quickly.
- Liaising with stores/dispatch departments for cost or delivery variants.
- Keep Sage system (MRP) up to date with regular checks to ensure all the correct information is live such as MOQ, Lead time, data sheets attached, supplier details, etc.
- Very well organised with a high attention of detail
- Can comfortably work and manage information from different sources.
- To be able to perform basic/moderate functions including formulas on all Microsoft tools in particular Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word.
- Commercially and financially aware with a keen eye for attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task with the numerous projects running at the same time.
- Ideally will have experience of MRP/ERP systems.