£9.36 Per Hour
Temporary – Full Time
We are proudly representing our public sector client based in Meadowfield for their search for an Administration Assistant. They now have an immediate requirement to recruit for a temporary assignment to start as soon as possible until November 2019.
- Placing orders on our in-house system for materials required on our Building Projects
- Accountable to the Senior Support Services Officer in the service area allocated, and will work in co-operation with the other Administration Assistants in Business Support
- Work when required in conjunction with other Managers who along with the Business Support Manager form part of the Regeneration and Local Services Management Team
- Liaison with other Corporate Service functions will also be required in order to ensure “single” Council working is delivered
- Providing Administrative Support in a customer focussed Support Services team within Regeneration and Local Services, and will work closely with the Heads of Service and Technical Staff to ensure the team are providing a quality back office support service
- Challenging existing ways of working in order to develop lean systems with electronic data interchange, electronic filing and on-line input wherever possible.
- Assist in the development of procedural guidance notes for all functions within the service.
- To work with a customer focussed team approach.
- To participate in team meetings and ensure effective and efficient channels of communication are facilitated.
- Assist in identification of risks within the service area.
- Promote a positive culture with colleagues and contributing to providing continuous service improvement.
- Work with the team to ensure invoices are paid in accordance with P2P procedures
- Where required rotate duties with other members of staff in the section to ensure cover is provided at all times of absence
- Work with other colleagues in Business Support to ensure peaks and troughs in other areas are supported
- Ensure a professional approach to work is adopted at all times
- Work with the other Administration Assistants to ensure a quality service is provided to front line services at all times.
- Ensure relevant Risk Assessments are carried out as appropriate to the section area.
- Ensure post handling is carried out efficiently and effectively over the appropriate sites
- To work with other Support staff to assist in providing documents and reports to defend insurance claims
- To work with other members of the team to ensure resources are efficiently and effectively used
- NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Proven experience in taking ownership and delivering results
- Experience in promoting a positive culture whilst working within a team
- Able to manage major change effectively
- Experience working independently with minimum supervision
- Experience with ICT packages
- Practical knowledge and understanding of local government administration processes.
- An up to date knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and safe working practices
- High level written and oral communication skills
- A positive attitude committed to excellent customer service
- Travel is an essential requirement of the post
- Great public sector client
- Easy location to travel to
- Varied and interesting job role
- Great resources
- Great team culture
- Any support required is provided