Administrative Finance Assistant
£10.97 Per Hour
Temporary – Full Time
We are proudly representing our public sector client based in Morpeth for their search for an Administrative Finance Assistant.They now have an immediate requirement to recruit for a temporary assignment to start as soon as possible until April 2020.
- Manage Departmental income and expenditure including purchase requisitions and payment, issuing of invoices for sums due, processing of journal transfers in conjunction with the appropriate departments.
- Contribute to the induction, appraisal, training and development of less experienced colleagues, acting as coach and mentor as necessary.
- Develop administrative systems in order to meet specific local requirements, such as the management of Special Educational Needs (SEN) Top Up funding and Service Level Agreement arrangements.
- Maintain information systems such as filing, service, client or asset records, booking systems and reference materials in a manner that ensures accuracy, confidentiality, rapid access and ease of use.
- Assist with more complex support work to investigate, collate, record, manipulate, extract and distribute data in accordance with predetermined boundaries or as instructed.
- Respond to more complex or detailed enquiries both verbally and in writing.
- Receive goods and services and process invoices for payment, in accordance with financial procedures and regulations and complete financial reconciliations as appropriate.
- Assist in the monitoring of relevant budget headings, to ensure effective spend against established targets and compliance with financial regulations.
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of a database to assist with the recording and monitoring of all grant funding for the directorate.
- Process accounts for payment, reconcile errors and omissions and liaise with suppliers as necessary.
- Ensure care and reconciliation of petty cash and other amounts of cash or cheques.
- Deal with external sources (clients, suppliers, public, other public bodies) resolving non-routine queries and problems.
- Maintain impress accounts and local accounts in accordance with Financial Regulations.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities consistent with the nature, level and grade of the post.
- A good general education demonstrating numeracy and literacy.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in a business-related discipline.
- Considerable experience in a similar role covering a broad range of support tasks and procedures
- Experience in using office applications on a personal computer.
- Writes clearly, succinctly and correctly.
- Able to quickly and accurately manipulate numerical data using all arithmetic functions
- Ability to organise self and work without constant supervision.
- Skilled in using office applications on a personal computer.
- Able to apply technology in new work-related situations.
- Able to follow instructions and procedures without constant supervision.
- Ability to form appropriate relationships quickly.
- Works in a systematic and orderly manner.
- Knowledge of a broad range of work-related tasks and procedures together with the operation of associated tools and equipment.
- Usually works in a seated position. Some standing, walking, stretching or lifting.
- Regular periods of concentrated mental attention with some pressure from deadlines, interruptions and conflicting demands
- Contact with the public may result in some emotional demands
- Minimal exposure to disagreeable, unpleasant or hazardous conditions
- A commitment to providing a quality administrative support service.
- Reliable and keeps good time.
- Demonstrates integrity and upholds values and principles.
- Promotes equal opportunities and diversity in all aspects of work.
- Appropriately follows instructions to achieve set objectives.
- Works collaboratively to achieve team spirit.
- Adapts to change by adopting a flexible and cooperative attitude.
- Great public sector client
- Easy location to travel to
- Varied and interesting job role
- Great resources
- Great team culture
- Any support required is provided