£9.74 Per Hour
Temporary – Full Time
We are proudly representing our public sector client based in Blyth for their search for a Team Clerk. They now have an immediate requirement to recruit for a temporary assignment to start as soon as possible for up to 3 months. This is a full-time role Monday- Friday 9-5.
- To establish and maintain effective administrative systems to support the work of the Financial Assessment and Benefits Officer Teams eg. Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail and file updating
- To complete necessary paperwork, updating and progressing information about the Financial Assessment and Benefits work, and dealing with enquiries from service users, other departments and external organisations.
- To communicate potentially complicated and complex information from a variety of sources.
- To assist with managing staff diaries and appointments
- To liaise with other departments and external agencies
- To organise, prepare for, and attend meetings, taking appropriate minutes and necessarily follow up actions.
- To assist the team to maintain the main database for service user information to ensure accuracy, completing documentation (both paper and computer based) which is detailed and specific in order to maintain accurate records and information.
- To undertake computer input providing updated information about service users as appropriate e.g. updating record.
- To propose administrative changes to enhance the workflow for the team.
- To be responsible for maintaining and requesting as necessary stationery etc.
- To be responsible if appropriate for petty cash, receiving service user valuables on behalf of the team.
- NVQ 3 or equivalent experience
- Good standard of education
- Recent administrative experience
- Operating a PC and using Office packages eg Word, Excel
- Data entry experience
- Working as part of a team
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with a wide variety of people, both in person and over the telephone
- Ability to be persuasive, diplomatic and practical
- Good listening skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work within clear policy of confidentiality
- Monday- Friday hours
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Friendly working team
- Onsite parking