Operations Assistant (after hours)
£9.69 Per Hour
Temporary – Full Time
We are proudly representing our higher education client based in Newcastle city centre for their search for Operation Assistants. They now have an immediate requirement to recruit for a temporary assignment to start as soon as possible. The hours available would be evenings Monday- Friday 17:00 – 21:30 and weekends Saturday and Sunday between 09:00-17:00, this would be on rota basis.
- Providing a service dealing with general enquiries.
- Ensuring safety and security of the building and its users, with responsibility for emergency evacuations and liaison with Security.
- Responding to emergency situations and taking appropriate action to minimise damage or distress, e.g assisting with emergency evacuations, dealing with floods.
- Undertaking routine building patrols to contribute to the general safety and security of the building, property and people. Reporting incidents and potential breaches of safety & security to Security.
- Ensuring users occupy the designated work areas only, together with enforcing rules regarding use of the workspaces.
- Carrying out routine building safety checks and reporting defects to the relevant parties.
- Providing first aid, following appropriate training.
- Operating as Fire Marshall/Warden, following appropriate training. This includes assisting with fire drills.
- Ensuring the good order of the building by moving furniture, setting up rooms, emptying waste bins, taking refuse to appropriate collection points, carrying out incidental cleaning and replenishing sanitary supplies.
- Checking and replenishing printers and photocopiers as and when required.
- Assisting in the induction of new staff by working with them to enable them to gain the necessary experience and knowledge required to perform the job to the required standards.
- Completing work record sheets, provide information on head-counts and reporting on any behavioural issues.
- Any other duties within the scope and general nature of the grade which may be required
- Literacy and numeracy appropriate to the role
- Good communication, interpersonal and customer care skills
- Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail
- Willing to help others and share workloads
- Keeps other team members up to date with progress
- Works in a planned and structured way
- Ensures that all activities are completed on time to meet set standards
- Pays attention to detail
- Strives to deliver high quality results
- Nice working environment
- Accessible via public transport
- Friendly staff
- Optional working hours
- Fire safety trained