CNC Machine Setter – Horizontal Machining centres
Manufacturing and Engineering
Our outstanding County Durham based client are looking for a CNC Machine Setter (Horizontal Machining centres) to join their team on a permanent basis. If you have experience setting horizontal machining centres this role could be ideal for you.
- To Set various Horizontal Machining Centres working to design drawings, checking & making adjustments to achieve Inspection Approval standards required by Quality Assurance.
- Ensuring the machine is running efficiently as possible & is ready to hand over for Production.
- Review set-ups for the shift and prepare Tooling available, Material available, Equipment/Jigs/Fixtures available and Gauges/QA equipment available.
- Ensure that all components are at the machine in good time for the changeover.
- Review setting times and ensure this is met, clearly identifying problems/issues arising to the team-leader.
- Complete set up of machine, check off dimensionally and ensure all surface finishes are met.
- Ensure first off inspection reviews are completed.
- Ensure the required cycle time for the process is achievable.
- Ensure guards and general health and safety on machines are correct and that the machine is able to operate in a safe manner.
- Responsible for ensuring the operator following on to the machine understands and is able to hit the designated cycle time and output/hour.
- Operation of machine at the required outputs and quality standards required for the process.
- Identify training needs within the company.
- Previous experience in production is essential.
- Reliable with an excellent work ethos.
- Good communication skills.
- Good time management / planning skills and capable of following plans and schedules.
- A good understanding of English language, both speaking, and listening is essential.
- GCSE in Maths and English.
- Minimum 3-year apprenticeship in a machining discipline.
- Ability to interpret and analyse engineering drawings.
- Permanent role.
- Competitive salary.
- Overtime available.
- Excellent work culture.