Permanent – Full Time
Clerical Officer/Assistant, Document Controller
Warehouse and Distribution
MTrec Commercial is proudly representing our world leading Logistics client in their search to appoint an experienced Import/Export Coordinator as soon as possible. The company have an excellent global reputation for supplying a range of high-quality products to a diverse range of customers throughout the UK and on an international basis. You will be joining an outstanding business during an exciting time of growth and change, with a great team and supportive management. The role will be highly interesting, diverse and enjoyable. Please apply for an immediate response, the company are looking to appoint the right person as soon as possible.
- Providing a central contact point for internal customers, supplier/partners and sharing information to enable others to fulfil their role and build their understanding of customs targets and objectives.
- Dealing heavily with imports from the EU particularly, you will be responsible to ensure that the business is fully compliant with all legislation and regulations regarding trade, exports and imports and be able to put the correct processes, policies and procedures in place.
- Validating data for customs declarations and checking import assessment notes.
- Have to look after the accounts of some regular traffic seeing to the collection, shipping and delivery in the UK as well as any customs procedure.
- Experience in the day to day handing of customer cargo from door to door
- Responsible to ensure that the business is fully compliant with all legislation and regulations regarding trade, exports and imports and be able to put the correct processes, policies and procedures in place.
- Preparing and processing import customs declarations (free circulation, transit, special procedures) ensuring all shipments meet applicable laws and procedures to facilitate the timely and cost-effective import of goods.
- Liaise with customs department.
- Corresponding with customs brokers, freight forwarders, suppliers and HMRC ensuring goods are cleared through customs and on to their final destinations.
- Requesting and compiling necessary import documentation such as customs invoices, Certificates of Origins and cargo control documents.
- Maintaining supplier declarations and origins of parts.
- Classifying goods according to the tariff coding system and determining custom tariff numbers.
- Deal with a variety of commodities for all shipments.
- Responsible for maintaining the customs software.
- Maintain stock records within the customs software.
- Reconcile stock within the systems
- Day to day running of the customs department
- Import and export declarations.
- Compile stock spreadsheets to be integrated into customs software system
- A background within a customs role
- Knowledgeable regarding the import and export of goods/products
- Experienced in creating declarations and knowledgeable regarding the HMRC Chief system.
- Knowledge of Baan, tariffs and Incoterms
- IT Literate
- Strong communication skills
- Working for a world leading company
- A company with an excellent reputation for high quality products
- A permanent appointment with an immediate start date
- Working in a diverse and highly interesting role
- Strong company benefits